iAccelerate offers a tailored education program built around delivering key knowledge areas critical to rapidly building a successful startup business.
The courses are delivered by a combination of industry experts, experienced entrepreneurs, investors, paid professional Advisors and UOW Academics. The learning sessions, workshops and lunch & learn sessions assist startups, local businesses and students access training in core knowledge and skills areas and apply this to their own businesses. These programs are designed to better prepare startups for engagement with customers and investors, and for sustainable long-term growth.
iACCELERATE CORE KNOWLEDGE AREAS
2018 iACCELERATE LEARNING SESSIONS & WORKSHOPS SCHEDULE
The iAccelerate Educate program for 2018 includes a series of formal learning sessions, workshops and lunch & learn sessions for both iAccelerate Start and iAccelerate Advanced companies.
July - October Program 2018
Learning Sessions & Workshops:
- Lean 1 Methodology Learning Session (Value Proposition Design) Frank Marzano – Thursday 5th July 9.30 – 4.30pm
- Lean 2 - Introduction to Customer Discovery Tools Learning Session | Frank Marzano – Thursday 12th July 9.30am -12.30pm
- Sales & Marketing Learning Session | Joanna & Takahiro Kubota – Tuesday 17th July 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Lean 3 Methodology Learning Session (Business Model Canvas) | Frank Marzano – Thursday 26th July 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Investor Finder | Nick McNaughton – Wednesday 1st August 9.30 – 12.30pm
- Term Sheet Negotiation | Nick McNaughton – Wednesday 1st August 1.00 – 4.00pm
- Selling to Grow | Nick McNaughton – Thursday 2nd August 9.30 – 12.30pm followed by 1ON1 sessions for Advanced companies (booking through Amira)
- PR & Social Media (Intro) | Nick Hartgerink & Anthony Colfelt –Thursday 9th August 9.30 – 12.30pm
- Social Media (Advanced) | Anthony Colfelt – Thursday 9th August 1.30 – 4.30pm
- Pitch Briefing Session | iAccelerate Team – Monday 13th August 11.00 – 12.00pm
- Introduction to Finance, Tax + Accounting Learning Session | Garry Pinch, Accounting Professionals – Tuesday 14th August 9.30am -12.30pm
- Brand Development | Anthony Colfelt – Thursday 16th August 10.30 – 1.30pm
- Corporate Structuring | Adam Cole KPMG – Tuesday 21st August 11.00am – 12.00pm
- Pitch Training | Garry Visontay – Thursday 23rd August 9.30 – 4.30pm
- Leadership & People Management | Jodie Cooper – Tuesday 28th August 9.30 – 12.30pm
- Ethics in Business | Professor Mario Fernando – Thursday 30th August 9.30 – 12.30pm
- Pitch to Peer Session 1 | iAccelerate Team to provide feedback – Friday 31st August 10.00 – 12.30pm
- Digital Strategy (Intro & Adv.) | Anthony Colfelt – Tuesday 4th September 9.30 – 4.30pm
- How To Optimise Your Business (Advanced Companies) | Frank Marzano – Thursday 6th September 9.30 – 12.30pm
- Startup Valuation | Ben Wright, Cicada Innovations – Tuesday 11th September 9.30 – 10.30am
- Product Management | Frank Marzano – Thursday 13th September 9.30 – 12.30pm
- Pitch to Panel Session 1 | Judging Panel – Tuesday 18th September 2.00 – 4.30pm
- Human Resources | Leanne Isabella – Thursday 20th September 9.30 – 12.30pm
- Pitch to Peer Session 2 | iAccelerate Team – Tuesday 9th October 10.00 – 12.30pm
- Pitch to Panel Session 2 & iA Community – Thursday 18th October 2.00 – 4.30pm
- iAccelerate Final Pitching Competition – Thursday 25th October 4.30 – 7.00pm
Lunch ‘n’ Learn Sessions:
- ‘Trademarks’ IP Australia – Friday 13th July 12 – 1pm
- MVP 1 for Dummies Lunch & Learn | Nathan Harper – Monday 23rd July 12 – 1pm
- MVP 2 for Dummies Lunch & Learn | Nathan Harper – Monday 30th July 12 – 1pm
- Crowdfunding Lunch & Learn | Jill Storey – Tuesday 31st July 12 – 1pm
- Legal Documents for Startups | James Parrish RMB Lawyers – Tuesday 21st August 12.00 – 1.00pm
- Podcast Masterclass Lunch & Learn | Nathan Harper – Monday 3rd September 12 – 1pm
- A Guide to Business Owners | Frank Marzano – Monday 10th September 12 – 1pm
- Winning Work from Government Lunch & Learn | Frank Marzano – Monday 17th September 12.00 – 1.00pm
- Writing Proposals Lunch & Learn | Frank Marzano – Wednesday 19th September 12.00 – 1.00pm
- … plus more dates to be announced
For further information about the iAccelerate Educate program please contact Amira Antoun.
For current iAccelerate residents all iAccelerate Educate sessions are posted on Nexudus. Please ensure that you register for the Educate Sessions you plan to attend on
*Please note that some dates may change according to availability of the facilitators
Visit our Coming Events page for more information.
If you would like to give a workshop on your area of expertise or share you leassons learned, contact us on email@example.com.