On the rise! iAccelerate residents creating local jobs
It has been a busy start to the year for iAccelerate resident companies with a series of new hires in the iAccelerate Centre recently announced. Companies including Planet Footprint, GeoInteractive, MiNumus, 152Hq and Easy Agile (formerly Arijea) have all created new jobs in the Illawarra in the first quarter of 2017.
By December 2016, iAccelerate had supported 213 jobs since inception (2012) through the innovative startups resident. As the resident companies continue to grow iAccelerate edges closer to its mission of creating 500 local jobs by 2020. UOW Careers continue to be a huge asset in assisting resident companies access the wealth of talent from within UOW’s student and graduate network.
New hire announcements include:
- MiNumus has engaged its first employee. They have welcomed Steve to the team who is a banking industry veteran with over 35 years experience. Steve is currently undertaking the industry training required for credit licensing.
- Planet Footprint has successful inducted two new casual student staff members in the last month. Ben Fixter and Rohith Pius are still in training but are contributing and fitting into the team nicely. They are working 3 x 4 hour shifts per week each entering and cleaning data. Planet Footprint IT Manager David Vernon said “these hires would not have been possible from our previous location in Kiama!”
- GeoInteractive have just hired their first full time employee – Brad Woods. Brad is working on the web app side of the product offering.
- 152HQ and the Tracka project have been steadily growing. Doug, Tracka’s digital marketer started in early January, and since that time they’ve also had the pleasure of being joined by Adrian Klein (formerly of PPM in Port Kembla) who has been helping with the business plan and accounting. Additionally Adam Child, Tracka’s man on the ground has been out and about talking to potential clients and visiting sites across the Illawarra. Expanding the team at Tracka has been exciting, as they’ve been able to choose a core group of individuals who are well suited to take the business to the next level.
- Easy Agile recently appointed Matt Clark to the ever expanding team.
Great to see these teams continuing to grow in the Illawarra, iAccelerate is well and truly on its way to meeting the goal of 500 jobs!
If you are looking to work with an iAccelerate resident company, let us connect you!
Join the iAccelerate Jobs Mailing List to receive dedicated updates on current opportunities and vacancies with iAccelerate resident companies or visit UOW Careers to see current opportunities for alumni and current students.