Nine businesses accepted into iAccelerate’s first intake of 2017
iAccelerate have announced nine new companies have been successful in the latest iAccelerate intake round. The diverse group of innovative companies officially started at iAccelerate on Monday 20th March.
iAccelerate welcomes the following resident companies into the iAccelerate Centre and the iAccelerate Program:
- Australian Smart Grid – an innovative approach to tackling the smart grid and sustainable energy market in Australia
- Ecoheat – have developed a home heating system that is powered by the sun’s energy to reduce the environmental footprint of homeowners
- eMotion Technology – a startup Wearable Technology company, developing and manufacturing Hand Rehabilitation Devices for use by Hand Therapists and patients
- Instashred – LED interactive guitars that enhance the learning experience through an interactive smart phone app for the InstaShred guitar system
- Little Elf – connecting people wanting specific domestic jobs/chores done for them with people within their local community
- V-DAQ – developing technology that will dramatically reduce the time between vehicle accidents and when emergency services can respond
- The Little Food Plan – a smart, easy-to-follow, healthy eating and meal preparation system to help busy mums kick start their children’s healthy eating habits
- Vutorial – a platform where users can record and playback interactive video contents, focused on video tutorials, in which the text within the video content is always scalable, selectable and sharp
- YuGensis – a cloud based service that enables research supervisors to define, coach individuals/teams, manage and track research outcomes
All companies have a passion for the local Illawarra region and developing successful businesses that will deliver a real impact within their industries.
For the first time at iAccelerate the new intake of residents will also be eligible to apply for seed funding from the iAccelerate Seed Fund. Those that qualify and are successful for investment from the seed fund can receive up to $30,000 in funding for up to 6 per-cent equity.
To kick off their time at iAccelerate the latest intake have been through induction and have now started the iAccelerate Educate program. Sessions attended to date include Lean Methodology (Business Model Canvas) and a Lunch & Learn session on a guide for business owners.
Watch this space for more information about the resident companies and their founding teams.