Living Connected Working Together with UOW Students
iAccelerate resident Living Connected has launched their report ‘Economic and Social Value of Living Connected’ with the assistance of UOW students.
*This article was first published by UOW News.
A group of UOW marketing and public relations students put their skills to the test last Friday (11 May), supporting iAccelerate resident Living Connected with their official launch and attracting local media attention.
The launch event was organised and coordinated by UOW students for clients and key stakeholders of Living Connected, forming part of an assessment for MARK321: Creative Public Relations Campaigns.
Main achievements include:
- Organising short news coverage with WIN news
- Having i98 Street Fleet attend the event
- Organising media coverage with Illawarra Mercury
- High profile speakers at the event, including MP Sharon Bird, Mike Scully, Chris Downs (ATO), and Omar Khalifa (CEO of iAccelerate)
- Catering, event set-up and other logistics for the event to support approx. 50 guests.
Marketing and public relations student Blake Pearson said the event was a great learning experience for all students involved.
“My team focused on media coverage and the event really taught us how to interact with journalists and the media,” he said.
“It was great to experience what it’s like to organise an event and see how everything comes together.”
One in seven Australians are over 65 and are looking forward to a fulfilling retirement where they can spend time with family and engage with their community. But the harsh truth is that elders are becoming increasingly isolated, having a severe impact on their mental and physical health.
Local social enterprise Living Connected is highlighting the challenges and opportunities of including the aging population in the online world. With family living all over the world, a decrease in mobility, and services moving online, the not-for-profit equips elders with the digital skills required to stay connected and independent.
For more coverage on Living Connected and the launch event:
- Twitter hastags #LCillawarra and #LCShoalhaven. Also find @livingconnect_d
- For more, contact Blake Pearson on 0432 285 243.