The right environment can make all the difference when you’re aiming for the sky.
iAccelerate is much more than just a place to plug in your laptop, though of course you can do that too. Here you can connect with a thriving community of likeminded and passionate entrepreneurs ready to share the journey with you, access committed mentors and world-class researchers, and tap into a network of investors.
The power of connection
The road to the top can be all the more challenging – and a lot less fun – when you’re going it alone. We nurture our close-knit community and team willing to support each other along the way, celebrating the wins and sharing insights on common challenges and new approaches that worked for them. It’s a virtuous circle multiplier effect: minimise your pains, magnify your successes and your learnings and fast-track your company’s growth alongside people who get it.
And that can make a decisive difference to how you get where you’re going, and how quickly you get there.
“iAccelerate provides a great environment, resources and networks and has shaped the business we have created for the better.”
New intakes start with a written application then a pitch to our selection panel. Those who make the cut move to our trailblazing Educate program. Meeting the assessment criteria moves businesses into the seed funding, incubation and opportunities for further funding. The final step is graduation into the local economy as a well-prepared and sustainable business.
Facilities like no other
From the unique iAccelerate Centre to our incredible business and support services, we’ve really raised the bar for developing entrepreneurs with impact.
Designed with innovation and collaboration at its heart, the architecturally-stunning, purpose-built iAccelerate Centre features:
- capacity to support 280+ entrepreneurs, with flexible ‘plug and go’ spaces that facilitate accelerated business growth
- 39 offices, fully furnished for advanced companies
- 2 open plan co-working spaces with dedicated desks
- 10 meeting rooms, including 2 public meeting rooms
- 3 event spaces
- an outdoor terrace
- a rooftop terrace
- a dynamic community of UOW students, staff, researchers, faculties and business units
- high speed broadband via WiFi
- short- and longer-term residency options
- access to shared printer/copier/scanner facilities
- secure access via swipe card, and
- kitchen amenities and informal spaces.
Marketing support services
- assistance with creative and media brief development
- inclusion on the iAccelerate website and in our social media activities
- opportunities for inclusion in our iAccelerate newsletter
- ability to use the ‘powered by’ iAccelerate logo on your print and digital media, and
- assistance with media engagement and connections.
Business support services
- a formalised business acceleration program designed specifically for fast growth businesses
- a networking events program providing entrepreneurial leader engagement and connecting you to the vibrant local startup scene and community
- a pitching program to power access to investors and networks
- inclusion in Demo Day activities, and
- access to next-generation talent through UOW’s student intern program.
Gorgeous beaches, easy access to parklands and cycleways… the lifestyle enjoyed by those that live and work in the Illawarra could make any Sydneysider turn green.
iAccelerate enjoys a premium location in an award-winning business park, right at the epicentre of the vibrant community of world-class researchers and research facilities of Innovation Campus and UOW. Walk to the nearby train station or grab the free bus to the Wollongong CBD, surrounding suburbs and the UOW main campus. There’s also an on-site gym, cafes, restaurants and childcare facilities.