Speaker: Prof Joe Steensma – Washington University / St Louis
This will be a very hands-on work shop that is intended to help participants not just identify organizational goals that will deliver impact, but also help them get down to the ‘nitty-gritty’ details of how those goals will be met.
Who – Early to mid-stage social entrepreneurs and others who want to set organizational goals that drive the organization’s mission and maximize impact.
Learning – Participants will learn ways to optimize performance while maximizing impact and maintaining fidelity to organizational mission. Participants will leave with a better understanding of how organizational accountability, authority, and ability interact to bring about high performing organizations.
Takeaways – Participants will walk away from the workshop with:
1. A deeper understanding of how the mission is operationalised through goals, objectives, and day-to-day tasks.
2. Tools that will help them implement corrective actions to ensure fidelity to the goals and mission of the organization.
3. Tools to measure and assess the performance of individuals, teams, and the organization with respect to tasks, objectives, and goals.
4. Tools to help in understanding process interactions and the complexities of achieving a particular set of goals or objectives.
5. Smart goals that are mission aligned, achievable, and big enough to make a difference.